The world is in a fight to handle the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 through social distancing. Contact is the primary means the church has to share the love of the gospel message, but the most loving thing we can do right now is to keep our distance.
- In leue of a local worship service, Bonners Ferry Adventist Church is going to be live-streaming a truncated service. You can access our live-stream community at bfadventist.online.church, or through Facebook and YouTube. Pastor Jason Worf will continue to share messages each week during this time of social distancing. We will resume regular services as quickly as possible, though we are uncertain about when that might be.
- All board meetings and events will be postponed, cancelled or moved to a zoom.us meeting.
- Cornerstone Christian School is moving to offline classes as of March 18, and will resume normal classes when the Boundary County school district decides it is prudent.
- Our Community Thrift Center has closed, according to guidelines issued by the state of Idaho, beginning March 25 and continuing for 21 days, or until the state lifts the closure.
These decisions are being made for our best good. Paul said, “I pray that you are prospering in every way and are in good health” (3 John 2, CSB). As church leaders, this is also our prayer for our church congregation.
There are ways that we can still be a church family during this time including:
- Supporting the difficult decisions that church leaders are making
- Contributing regular tithes and offerings online through this link: https://adventistgiving.org/?OrgID=ANIIBB
- Check on your neighbors — your older neighbors, kids who rely on free lunches, your neighbor who needs help with childcare...
- Pray for your church family — send notes and make phone calls. We need each other to stay connected and care for our spiritual needs.
- Practice Sabbath — Shutting down normal life activities provides a perfect opportunity for us to rest, refresh, and renew our spiritual lives and our family relationships. Talk with each other, play games, make something, listen to music, worship with each other.
- Participate with the live-stream church service by watching and chatting on bfadventist.online.church, and by sharing pictures and videos of you and your family on our Facebook page.
There is no need for panic, but our diligent proactivity will make a big difference to speed us to the end of this crisis.
Bonners Ferry Elders